Program: Open all year round.
Students from 30 months to 5 years
Program Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
The full day Montessori program will inspire our 3 -5 year students to be independent children. Involving the children in a balanced educational program, our classrooms are equipped to implement the Montessori program up to grade 1 level activities. The program is designed allowing students to progress at their own pace, mastering activities at their potential.
The areas covered in a Montessori program are:
1. Practical Life Activities – promoting gross motor activities, finger grasp, and hand- eye coordination.
2. Sensorial Awareness – discover colour, size, shape, taste, smell, sound, sight, touch – develop senses for further learning.
3. Language Development – beginning foundation of reading and writing – learning "phonetic sounds" of the alphabet. Through songs, music and games, other languages are introduced. Languages: French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese.
4. Mathematics – matching quantity with symbol gives a child a concrete understanding, preparing for an abstract understanding of higher, more complete functions and operations
5. Culture & Botany – bringing the world into the classroom. Appreciating and understanding the cultures around us – exploring our continents, land, air, water. Each student participates in taking care of allocated plant.
In addition to the Montessori component, in the afternoon, group based activities are implemented.
Our curriculum includes:
Students are provided with a mid morning and late afternoon snack everyday. Children arriving before 8:00 a.m. may have a cereal breakfast. Students bring lunch from home. See Lunch guidelines. For this program, our students do need to be potty trained.